Translate

Friday 22 August 2014



My palette after a painting session. It looks very subdued.  I am lucky to have any white paint left. From  left to right, raw sienna, cadmium yellow, cadmium lemon, cadmium red light, permanent rose, thalo blue, ultramarine blue and  titanium white. This is not my normal palette, as I need to stock up on some more paint, so I am using a few tubes of other colours, in desperation, that normally just sit around.

My normal palette is, cad yellow light, cad red light, permanent rose, ultramarine blue, viridian, titanium white, and cerulean  blue at times.  I try to mix all my colours from this palette. When I need a black, I use burnt sienna added to ultramarine blue. Winsor and Newton artist quality is the brand I use the most, but other brands such as Sennelier and Talens Rembrandt, have been in my paint box at times as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment