Translate

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Sunlit rural lane, SE Ireland.

I have been getting out early works recently and posting them on this blog, and on Google+, on my page there. The link is on the right of this page. I painted many of them on canvas boards at the time, for convenience and cost, and also because the boards were handy. The painting today is a rural one near where I live, nothing dramatic, but the dappled sunlight transformed the lane and the shadow areas. 10x12 ins, not my usual format, but as I say, they were handy, lol. One can clearly see, my love of using the palette knife. I used brush work in the background, and then the knife for the foreground.
These days, I tend to use the palette knife mostly, and only brushes to draw or define a shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment