Translate

Saturday 16 May 2015

Country cottage

I am terrible for not posting regularly... I have been oil painting mostly, trying to progress with themes, with varying results. Yesterday, I had one of those rare moments when I did some watercolours in conjunction with oil painting. Most unusual for me. It's perhaps frustration with oil painting, that drove me to try and rescue some good watercolours, to be even better. I am sure everyone has those paintings that are in a folder, that are not quiet there, but one is unsure how to finish, leave, or just reject? I will post more on this subject at a later stage.

The painting below is not one of those, but a watercolour painted in one go, wet in wet to give harmony and looseness all in one. A rural cottage 7x 11 ins Hahnemuhle 140 lbs paper.


josephmahon.faso.com

No comments:

Post a Comment